Monday, December 23, 2013

O Thou Joyful......

Multimedia collage "Joyful" by Tamera Wolfe
Hiya Blogland!! Merry Christmas from Western Maryland--where it went from snow covered ground to 70 degrees to 30 degrees in the space of a weekend!!

I've been hanging in there back-wise. The new medicine makes me sleep alot. HOPEFULLY all of the paperwork will be done and I can start some kind of physical therapy later this week. I'm tired of being a slug in the recliner-altho the doggies are loving all the lap time.  I am trying to keep up with every one's blogs even if I'm not commenting!!

How AWESOME is this?? The fabulous Curtise made a festive picture of me!! Bet y'all didn't knolw I was rocking such a hot bikini bod did you?? This brought such a smile to my face!!

I got out of the house late last week to go to the doctor's. YAY--an outfit that didn't involve yoga pants and an over-sized fleece. I still had to dress rather plainly so I could remove stuff for the doctor & xrays.
Thrifted SagHarbor sweater, thrifted Lee jeans, Kmart Boots and vintage pins.

Close-up of DIY plaid earrings and vintage plastic pins. What's not to love about a Christmas OWL????
I was able to get to church this past Sunday for the Christmas program. I'm glad I got the costumes sorted before  I injured myself. I'm wearing a thrifted red sweater, thrifted Alfred Dunner plaid skirt, thrifted Nine West ballet flats, vintage Echo candy cane scarf & vintage tree earrings I converted to pierced.

Here's a close-up of the plaid. I usually avoid Alfred Dunner brand as it's kinda "grandmaw" but this skirt is really nice lined wool blend crepe.


close-up of scarf and earrings
Our daughter and son-in-law came up to visit over the weekend with our grand-pup Noelle. She was wearing the same sweater as MrBill and Gracie!!! We tried to get a good picture of all of them together but the only one who would stand still was Bill.

 Here are MORE (I know it's never-ending-LOL) pictures of our Christmas decor. First up is our guest room/Lauren's office:
Dresser with vintage Lefton Holly dishes/Bench with vintage thrifted Santas & dish
Tree with vintage plastic (50-60's) ornaments/ More of the vintage Lefton dishes.


Next up is the Master Bedroom decorations-minus the tree.
Dresser with DIY banner
Santas-I made the middle and right one. The other was thrifted.
More Santas & elves. The Santa's are thrifted. The elf on the left was a gift. I made the other two based off of it.
Even more thrifted Santas. I made the white one in the center.
Thrifted church collection/Thrifted Santa's and Feather tree.
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. I'm going to leave you with the words of my favorite carol:

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

I thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along the unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."

Till, ringing singing, on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,
Of peace on earth, good will to men!

May 2014 bring us all peace and goodwill to men.

TTFN

Tamera, Lauren, MrBill, Gracie, Misty & Callie

10 comments:

thorne garnet said...

your house is so festive. Love those cards Curtise made. I have to learn how to do that.

FIRST!!!

Patti said...

Your home makes me smile, every time - it's so full of cheer. Including the doggie pics. I love that old carol, too, now it's pleasantly playing in my head. Hope your doctor visit went well, and that your back is getting stronger. Merriest of Christmases to you and your loved ones! xox

Curtise said...

I do hope your back improves soon, it can't be any fun to be forced to be inactive and zonked out on pain meds, poor you. Still, your house is a Christmas delight, the doggies are in their matching Christmas sweaters, you're warm and cosy, and you have a festive bling and a fur bikini!
Have a good Christmas, Tamera! xxxx

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

These colors are so great for you, Tamera! They look wonderful with your beautiful smile!! Have a joyous Christmas and special New Year...your home is beautiful!

Vix said...

You look fabulous despite the pain! Loved your makeover via Curtise and your gorgeous card. Have a wonderful time! xxxxxxx

SeƱora Allnut said...

dear lady, wish you get well soon!, I've been reading your posts, but so busy I couldn't comment!
and I'm amazed by your xmas decorations, it's really rocking!
wish you a merry christmas and lots of fun!
Muchos Besos & felices fiestas!

Helga said...

Oooo, it's a scrum of chihuahuas!!!!
SO adorable!
Darling, this back business is no fun. I order the doctor to sort you out PRONTO!!!!
Happiest of Holidays, darling! XXX

citizen rosebud said...

Wishing you a very glorious New Years!

Unknown said...

Looking fabulous and that's the spirit, getting dressed up despite the pain! you are a trouper!

Hugs

Arianexo

Krista said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you took a fall and hurt back, I hope you are starting to feel better again. I don't know where to start but your Xmas decorations blow my mind. How many trees and wreaths total? I love the over the top of it all! I'm glad the doggies have been keeping you company and I adore the diva tree with her lil ornament. I hope your all had a Merry Christmas and a safe wonderful anew Year!
Lotsoflovexxxoooooo